Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission deadline has expired!
We are delighted with the great interest ! Thank you to all who have submitted your abstract.
All authors have been notified of abstract status. If you have not been informed, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get all the relevant information regarding the oral & e-poster preparation(guidelines and templates) HERE
All authors with an accepted abstract retain their acceptance for 11TH International Congress of Internal Medicine, July 4-6,2021.
Until March 31, 2021 you will be able to submit NEW abstracts
Authors who wish to revise or withdraw abstracts that have already been accepted as oral or e-poster presentations should contact us at the latest by February 28th 2021.
Authors are encouraged to retain their already accepted abstract or if they wish,
to update the content of their abstract should new data be available to reflect current research.
Εxtended Abstract Submission Deadline:March 31, 2021 (deadline will not be extended)
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection of New Abstracts: April 15th, 2021
- When submitting the abstract of the paper through the online submission form, authors should select only one topic that refers to the main subject of the abstract.
Cardiovascular Medicine – Hypertension
Diabetes mellitus – Metabolic syndrome
Abstracts of all Oral Presentations and e-Posters of the Congress will be also included in the e-Abstract Book of the Congress.
Guidelines for the preparation and online submission of the abstracts
Please make sure to read carefully the following guidelines before proceeding with the preparation and submission of your abstract. When you are ready for the submission, please select the corresponding Online Submission Form, at the bottom of this page:
- Language: All abstracts should be submitted and presented in English language (official language of the Congress).
- Corresponding Author: The abstract submission form should be completed by the author who will be responsible for all correspondence (correct email is really important).
- Text Body:
- Words: The text body of the abstract should not exceed 250 words. When a table is included, then the text body should not exceed 200 words.
- Structure: Abstracts must use the following structured format (include the thematics):
- For Original Articles:
– Objectives (or Aim)
- For Case Reports:
– Case Report
Note: In the text box of the online form do not insert: title, authors’ names & phones, affiliations etc.
- Title: The abstract title should be brief and accurate, submitted strictly in capital letters and not exceed the limit of 25 words. Please do not use abbreviations (except those commonly used).
- Affiliations: In this field you should provide the affiliation details of all authors: Department/Hospital/University/Institution etc (eg. Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece).
If an author needs to be registered to more than one affiliations, you are kindly requested to use the & symbol between the two affiliations (eg. Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly Larissa & University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece).
- Graph: Only one graph (table/diagram/picture) can be included in each abstract. It should correspond to 50 words and must be included in the limitation of 250 words. It should be saved as an image file (preferrable type: jpeg, gif, png) prior to upload. The image will be placed at the bottom of the abstract (most usual) in publications of the Congress and may be resized to fit in the format of the final printed material.
- Authors are requested to check their abstract thoroughly before submission. The abstract, if approved for presentation, will be published as submitted. However, authors may edit the details of their abstract until the deadline for abstract submission, in case they have to make any important corrections or changes in the abstract(s) they have already submitted, throught the link that will be provided by email*.
- Authors should not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The abstract Review Committee may reject an abstract and not review it, if it does not adhere to the above guidelines. Therefore authors must strictly adhere to the above guidelines, otherwise abstracts cannot be considered for presentation. Such abstracts will be rejected and the author will not be informed.
- The corresponding (submitting) author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission (submission implies that the corresponding author has received approval from co-authors)
- Submission of the abstract from the corresponding author: 1. implies that he has received approval from all co-authors for the content and the use of the paper and 2. Acknowledges all co-authors’ acceptance for the abstract to be published in all official congress publications/material.
NOTES TO REMEMBER
- For any abstract submitted for presentation, the Registration Fee for at least one of the authors must be paid (pre-registration at least 3 weeks prior to the Congress is required for participation confirmation). If an author pays the Registration Fee in order to submit an abstract and the abstract is finally not accepted (and if the author does not desire to participate in the Congress), there will be a full refund after sending a written request to the Organizing-Administrative Bureau within 15 days of the notification of abstract rejection.
- Abstracts must be original. Abstracts already presented and published, will not be accepted.
- The Abstract Review Committee will make the final decision about the categorization of the accepted papers (the Committee has the authority to re-categorize the abstract) and whether they will be presented as oral or e-poster with consideration given to the authors’ preference and to the organizational issues of the programme.
- Contact/Queries: For any further information, clarification, assistance or possible corrections regarding your abstract you may contact the Organizing-Administrative Bureau:
Tel.: (030) 26510 68610, email: email@example.com
After online submission you will receive (by e-mail) an “Abstract Submission Number” indicating that your abstract has successfully been submitted. This number must be referred to in all correspondence. Please print or save this receipt on your computer, as it will serve as a confirmation of successful abstract submission.
If you do not receive this automatic email immediately after your submission, your abstract has not been submitted properly (registered in the database). In this case you are kindly requested to repeat the procedure or contact the Organizing Bureau/Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and assistance.
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection Letter
The corresponding authors will be notified with reference to the approval or rejection of their submitted abstracts by email* on April 15th, 2021.
*email address completed in the online form during the abstract submission.