Call for Abstracts
The Organizing and Scientific Committee of the Congress invite everyone interested to actively contribute to the programme by presenting their research to an international audience of medical experts through Oral Presentations and e-Poster and to submit abstracts of their papers.
Abstracts of the papers must be submitted ONLY online through the online submission form of the website.
Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by an Abstract Review Committee and all accepted and valid ones will be presented during the special sessions of the scientific programme as an Oral Presentation or an e-Poster.
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 30, 2017 (deadline will not be extended)
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection of Abstracts: December 20, 2017
- The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the scientific program until November 30, 2017.
- Authors should prepare and integrate their work in one of the following topics.
- When submitting the abstract of the paper through the online abstract submission form, authors should select only one topic that refers to the main subject of the abstract.
- The Abstract Review Committee has the authority to re-categorize the abstract.
Cardiovascular Medicine – Hypertension
Diabetes mellitus – Metabolic syndrome
e-Abstract Book & USB storage device
Abstracts of all Oral and e-Poster Presentations of the Congress will be also included in the e-Abstract Book of the Congress. All registered participants are entitled to receive a USB storage device with the e-Abstract Book (included in the Congress material).
Guidelines for the preparation and online submission of the abstracts
Please make sure to read carefully the following guidelines before proceeding with the preparation and submission of your abstract. When you are ready for the submission, please select the Online Abstract Submission Form, at the bottom of this page:
- Language: All abstracts should be submitted and presented in English language (official language of the Congress).
- Corresponding Author: The abstract submission form should be completed by the author who will be responsible for all correspondence (correct email is really important).
- Text Body
- Words: The text body of the abstract should not exceed 250 words. When a table is included, then the text body should not exceed 200 words.
- Structure: Abstracts must use the following structured format (include the thematics):
- For Original Articles:
– Objectives (or Aim)
- For Case Reports:
– Case Report
- Format: No specific text formatting is requested for submission. The Online Form does not preserve the formatting of the text submitted (font, paragraph, page). Formatting and paragraph separation will be made by the Organizing-Administrative Office.
- Note: In the text box of the online form do not insert: the title, authors’ names & phones, affiliations, unnecessary enter or/and space, tabs, bulleted lists etc.
- Title: The abstract title should be brief and accurate. It must not exceed the limit of 25 words. Please do not use abbreviations (except those commonly used).
- Affiliations: In this field affiliation details of all authors should be provided. Details should be written in the following order (when available): Unit, Department, Hospital, City, Country or Department, School, University, City, Country (no addresses). Please use numbering for indicating the correspondence between author and affiliation. Each affiliation should be entered only once (not repeated for every author). In cases where an author is related to more than one affiliations, kindly use more than one numbers (e.g. G.E. Papadopoulos 1,2).
- Graph: Only one graph (table/diagram/picture) can be included in each abstract. It should correspond to 50 words and must be included in the limitation of 250 words (the use of such graphs will automatically reduce the number of words allowed). It should be saved as an image file (allowed type: jpeg, gif, png) prior to upload (otherwise will not be uploaded). The image will be placed at the bottom of the abstract (most usual) in publications of the Congress and may be resized to fit in the format of the final printed material.
Important to remember
- You are requested to check their abstract thoroughly for any spelling, grammatical, and typographical errors prior to submission. The abstract, if approved for presentation, will be published as submitted (except formatting). However, you may contact the Organizing-Administrative Bureau until the deadline for abstract submission, in case you have to make any important corrections or changes in the abstract(s) already submitted (only in writing).
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract. You should avoid replacing the submitted abstract with a new version (through a new online submission), without prior communication with the Organizing-Administrative Bureau.
- The Abstract Review Committee may reject an abstract and not review it, if it does not adhere to the above guidelines. Therefore authors must strictly adhere to the above guidelines, otherwise abstracts cannot be considered for presentation. Such abstracts will be rejected and the author will not be informed.
- Abstracts must be original. Abstracts already presented and published, will not be accepted.
- The Abstract Review Committee will make the final decision about the categorization of the accepted papers (the Committee has the authority to re-categorise the abstract) and whether they will be presented as oral or e-poster with consideration given to the author’s preference and to the organizational issues of the programme.
- Submission of the abstract from the corresponding author: 1. implies that he has received approval from all co-authors for the content and the use of the paper and 2. Acknowledges all co-authors’ acceptance for the abstract to be published in all official congress publications/material.
- For any abstract submitted for presentation, the Registration Fee for at least one of the authors must be paid (pre-registration at least 3 weeks prior to the Congress is required for participation confirmation). If an author pays the Registration Fee in order to submit an abstract and the abstract is finally not accepted (and if the author does not desire to participate in the Congress), there will be a full refund after sending a written request to the Organizing-Administrative Bureau within 15 days of the notification of abstract rejection.
- Contact/Queries: For any further information, clarification, assistance or possible corrections regarding your abstract you may contact the Organizing-Administrative Bureau:
Tel.: (+30) 26510 68610
After online submission you will receive (by e-mail) an “Abstract Submission Number” indicating that your abstract has successfully been submitted. This number must be referred to in all correspondence. Please print or save this receipt on your computer, as it will serve as a confirmation of successful abstract submission.
If you do not receive this automatic email immediately after your submission, your abstract has not been submitted properly (registered in the database). In this case you are kindly requested to repeat the procedure or contact the Organizing-Administrative Bureau for further information and assistance.
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection Letter
The corresponding authors will be notified with reference to the approval or rejection of their submitted abstracts by email* on December 20, 2017.
*email address completed in the online form during the abstract submission.